Terms & Conditions
- “Organiser” refers to the entity “Winchester Round Table Charitable Trust” who are responsible for arranging and managing the event.
- “Participant” refers to all individuals registered to participate in the event.
- “Event” refers to the Winchester Pedal Paddle Pace event (known as the Winchester PPP) organised by the Organiser.
- “Venue” refers to the location(s) where the event takes place
Participants must complete the registration process using the appropriate online entry forms and provide accurate information. By entering and taking part in an Event, Participants confirm and declare that they:
- Meet the specified age and fitness requirements for the event.
- Take part at their own risk, are fit to do so and, if necessary, have consulted a doctor and followed their advice.
- Have read the rules and understand the nature of this Event.
- If you enter another person into the Event, it is your responsibility to make them aware of the terms and conditions.
- Entry fees are non-refundable except as outlined in the Participant Withdrawal & Refunds section.
- Acceptance of these terms and conditions releases the Organiser from liability, and the Participant hereby waives, releases and forever discharges, for himself, his heirs, executors, administrators and legal representatives, any and all rights and/or claims which the Participant may have against the Organiser (including any of its officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and Event sponsors) for any and all damages and/or claims which may be sustained by him directly or indirectly arising out of his participation in the Event (including the application of emergency or medical services at the Event).
Event Cancellation by Organiser
The Organiser may have to make the difficult decision to postpone or cancel an Event. The Organiser will endeavour to notify Participants as soon as possible. However, under certain circumstances the Event may have to be cancelled/postponed due to unforeseen irremediable circumstances. Whilst this is high unlikely, Participants, by accepting these terms and conditions accept that the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the event due to:
- Unforeseen circumstances such as adverse weather conditions or safety concerns beyond their reasonable control.
- Advised or ordered to by the police or other statutory bodies.
- In the event of cancellation, the Organiser will endeavour to notify participants using the website, social media, race registration sites and the contact details provided during registration. However, Participants are advised to check the website, emails (junk folder) and local weather forecasts during the lead up to the Event Day including before travelling to the Venue.
- In the event of an Event cancellation the Organiser will provide options to transfer to an alternate event or issue a refund. The amount refunded will be subject to a handling/admin fee.
- The Organiser will have no responsibility for any Third-Party costs incurred including, but not limited to, bike hire, travel and/or accommodation.
- The Organiser accepts no responsibility for happening of Force Majeures.
Participant Withdrawal & Refunds
The Event Organiser incurs costs from the moment that the Event organisation starts.
However, the Organiser understands that circumstances arise which prevent people from taking part in an event.
Participants accept in the event of a withdrawal from the event the below will apply:
Notification of organisers up to 1 month before the event – refund of fee less £5 administrative cost (e.g. payment fees incurred).
Notification of organisers up to 1 week before of the event – transfer place to the 2025 event.
Participants understand that if for any reason you can’t take part in an event you will not receive a refund.
No exceptions will be made including but not limited to injuries.
In the event of a withdrawal the participant is required to inform the organisers via email – [email protected].
- Participants must adhere to all Event rules, regulations, and safety guidelines provided by the Organiser.
- Participants must abide by the Organiser’s terms and conditions
- Participants are responsible for their own safety and well-being during the event.
- Participants will be liable to pay a replacement fee if a timing device, in the event it is issued to them, is lost, or not returned at the end of the day.
- Participants must always follow the directions of the event marshals on the day of the Event and will stop if directed by a marshal.
- Participants are responsible for their conduct whilst participating in the Event.
Participant Declarations and Disclaimer
Participants, by accepting these terms and conditions understand and accept the following:
- Participants must declare any medical conditions, injuries, or other relevant information that may affect their ability to safely participate in the event.
- By participating, Participants acknowledge and accept the risks associated with these activities and the Event. Participants understand that participation could result in injury or death.
- Participants authorise medical staff the right to provide medical treatment in an emergency. Participants also agree to being liable for any expenses incurred for any medical treatment offered to them in an emergency.
- A safety briefing will be held before the event and Participants must attend. This will cover any information the Participants need to be made aware of before taking part, as well as any safety points that they must adhere to during the Event.
Limitation of Liability
- The Organiser (including any of its officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and Event sponsors) shall have no responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever in respect with the Participants participating in any events organised by the Organiser.
- The Organiser and its affiliates shall not be liable for any injuries, damages, or losses sustained during the event, except in cases of negligence or wilful misconduct.
- The Organiser and its affiliates shall not be liable for any damage to property belonging to or travelling with any Participants or their group.
- The Organiser is no way responsible for any loss, damage or theft of any possessions left at the event Venue, on any part of the course, or in a car.
The Organiser is covered by all necessary insurances for the Event.
Participants are encouraged to arrange adequate personal insurance for themselves and their team. Please note that many insurance policies exclude cover for certain sporting activities, so you should carefully check the terms of any proposed insurance policy to ensure that it meets your requirements.
The Organiser will handle participant data in accordance with relevant data protection laws of the United Kingdom.
Participants understand that their personal data will only be shared with Race Directors and medical personnel who are organising the Event the participant has entered, for the purpose of communication about that specific Event.
Participant information will only be used for event-related purposes and will not be shared with third parties without consent
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Organiser and Participants.
Any disputes arising from the event shall be governed by the law of the United Kingdom and subject to the jurisdiction of courts in the United Kingdom only.
By registering for the Event, participants indicate their understanding and acceptance of these terms and conditions.